Lead Frontend Engineer
Metalabel is looking for a full-time Lead Frontend Engineer to build and maintain the web application UI of our upcoming product suite.
As Frontend Lead, you will own the entirety of the web application codebase, and coordinate with Platform, Design, and Product efforts to collaboratively implement our vision.
Proven familiarity with shipping a complex React/TypeScript application from idea to production is highly preferred. We are looking for a pragmatic builder with good instincts around managing a living codebase. Senior+ level coding fluency is less important than the practical ability to turn an idea into a reality and proactively drive our UI layer at scale.
As a very small team made up of diverse technical and non-technical peers spread across the globe, we are looking for someone with strong asynchronous communication skills and a genuine enthusiasm for the universe we’re building together.
Think you’d make a great fit and want to learn more about this role?
Reach out at email@example.com to get in touch with us and start the conversation.
- Build, iterate, maintain and debug the web client UI for Metalabel’s core application suite
- Implement Figma UI designs, flow prototypes, design system, and components in React
- Handle transitions, error/loading indicators, and other interstitial states and logic that may not always be covered in static design mockups
- Proactively iterate on application structure, architecture, utilities and components to streamline delivery, improvements, and design parity
- Spec, delegate, and be accountable for component-level work from externally contracted developers as needed
- Coordinate with Platform efforts via integrating the Metalabel SDK library that provides an RPC client and utilities for all protocol/cloud interactions
- Participate in, and contribute to planning, strategy, product, and architecture conversations with Design and Platform squadmates
- Prioritize application performance, frame budget, request volume, bundle size, and other essential aspects of application responsiveness
- Utilize advanced NextJS features, such as SSR/ISR, to improve page load performance and experience
Skills and qualifications
- Have built, shipped, and maintained a substantial portion of a complete web application UI to production
- Enthusiasm for building within our universe, excitement about the types of tooling and experiences we are creating
- Ability to work harmoniously in a tight-knit team, and willingness to navigate diverse perspectives with minimal ego
- Commitment to technical excellence, product-oriented thinking, and full-stack understanding
- Strong asynchronous communication skills with both technical and non-technical peers
- Advanced familiarity with implementing complex application UIs in React and TypeScript
- Experience with coding in a statically typed language, ideally TypeScript
- Use latest AI tools like Copilot and chat LLMs for faster coding, codebase onboarding, and communication
- Tech Stack: TypeScript, React v18, Next/Vercel v13, react-query, react-hook-form, Radix UI
Additional information, links, and vibes
- What's Metalabel? - Details about our project, and our vision around reimagining the label
- Metablogging - A core practice here at Metalabel that lets us move faster with fewer meetings by adopting internal blogs
- Metalabel FAQ - Questions and answers on labels, our project, and more
Role and compensation
- The role is fully remote with quarterly IRL gatherings
- Candidates can be located anywhere in the world, but ability to align time zones with CET/EST/PST is a plus
- Base Salary Range $120,000 - $150,000 USD annually with full benefits
- Comes with options grant for equity in the project