Community Manager, Gaming
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Hey there, we are Treasure! Treasure is one of the leading game publishers pioneering a new era of decentralized gaming. We are building an interconnected network of games that brings players and games together through the magic of play — all on the blockchain.
Founded in 2021, Treasure has quickly grown to become a top decentralized gaming ecosystem that is home to over 15+ indie games built by seasoned game teams, including The Beacon, Mighty Action Heroes, Zeeverse, Kaiju Cards, and more. We also have our own in-house game studio working on developing its first flagship title based on the original Treasure IP!
We are the real deal in decentralized gaming and have over 300,000 community members playing our games today. All projects on Treasure are linked–narratively and economically–through our network. Our community supports the entire game ecosystem to grow new projects and continue supporting more mature ones.
To build the best games community in the world for both players and developers.
We strive to fulfill our mission through the launch of amazing games on top of the Treasure platform which supports the growth of developers and the communities that play their games and bring their hearts to support the development process.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Treasure is one of the leading game publishers pioneering a new era of decentralized gaming. We are building an interconnected network of games that brings players and games together through the magic of play. We are deeply community-driven and are working tirelessly to create fun and novel game experiences, imagine new game IP that can be interwoven together, and build game-changing technology — all on the blockchain. Founded in 2021, Treasure has quickly grown to become a top gaming ecosystem that is the home to over 15+ indie games built by seasoned first- and third-party game studios, including The Beacon (Skillcap Studios), Mighty Action Heroes (Mighty Bear Games), Zeeverse (Beetroot Labs), Kuroro (Trudan Studios), Knights of the Ether (Merlyn Labs), Kaiju Cards (Permadeath Studios), and more.
As a Community Manager, Gaming at Treasure, you'll be joining a small but mighty marketing team. You'll own Treasure's social media presence, serve as one of the faces representing Treasure, drive community engagement and growth across channels, and support other areas of marketing like go-to-market strategy, game marketing and publishing, content marketing, community development, and more.
The ideal candidate is someone who likes to be on the front lines to be the voice of Treasure to our community while being able to lean into other areas of marketing. As we pioneer an evolution of game publishing in an exciting new and fast-moving space, there will be unknowns and ambiguity along the way. If you're someone who is excited by an opportunity like this and wants to work closely with some incredible game studios, please apply!
Bonus points if you've worked in gaming and are a gamer yourself!
- Own our social media presence across Treasure’s Twitter, Discord, YouTube, TikTok, and LinkedIn to grow our following and ensure high levels of community engagement;
- Serve as one of the faces for Treasure and produce content for core social and content channels (YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch);
- Maintain a consistent and holistic brand image, voice and tone across channels;
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences;
- Actively communicate with our audience, responding to queries in a timely manner and monitoring brand image across socials (this will fall outside of core working hours!);
- Monitor, report on, and garner insights on key marketing, acquisition, and engagement metrics;
- Work closely with Treasure’s Head of Marketing to provide marketing input on matters relating to product/feature releases, community development, and partnerships;
- Build a strong understanding of Treasure’s target audience and needs;
- Develop and execute upon Treasure's content calendar; and
- Support on a variety of operational initiatives including but not limited to community-led events, and partner marketing initiatives.
- 3+ years of work experience in social media marketing or community management in a gaming, web3, or consumer setting;
- Clear, concise and creative writing and storytelling skills - i.e. “I can tell a story in 10,000 words, tweet in 280 characters, and write compelling copy for ads in 10 words.”;
- Fluency with core social media platforms (Twitter and Discord) and accompanying tools (Typefully) with an understanding of the latest social media trends and strategies;
- Experience producing video content for YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram; and
- Ability to use analytics tools that track success of campaigns and efforts and make recommendations based on quantitative analysis.
Nice to Have
- Located in North America in Eastern Standard Time (EST) or close timezones (CST or PST);
- Experience with PR;
- Have a strong network of gaming publications, influencers, or content creators;
- Knowledge of or experience within the Treasure ecosystem;
- Experience working with a distributed and global team; and
- Background in gaming, web3, cryptocurrencies, and NFTs.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Competitive Compensation Plan
Flexible Work Hours; team members are committed to building and delivering tremendous results, not watching the clock
Modern tools and processes, and co-workers who are on the cutting edge of innovation in product development
An Amazing Team :)
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people & thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fueling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
This studio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.