Senior Service Delivery Engineer
GitHub helps organizations succeed by enabling them to build better software, together. Our GitHub Expert Services team is looking for a highly motivated and performant Senior DevOps Engineer to help customers modernize and improve software delivery. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities and underlying technologies. This individual will solve challenges with many different technologies and work directly with our customers, as well as GitHub's internal teams.
- Providing solutions to customer challenges: The primary responsibility of this role is to understand the goals of our customers and deliver effective solutions that address their challenges. Success in this role is marked by a strong focus on the customer and a demonstrated passion for solving complex technical challenges. You will learn the customers' pain points and work collaboratively with the customer, GitHub team members, and potentially the open source community to create solutions.
- Provide technical clarity: You will provide clarity to GitHub customers regarding an array of technologies. As such, you will need to understand GitHub tools and the platform well enough to balance critical technical solutions against client requirements to help make informed decisions with a focus on delivering high-quality, reusable solutions. Collaborating closely with colleagues, often pairing, is essential to creating great outcomes.
- Build tailored solutions: GitHub is the central platform our customers use to collaborate and ship software needed to achieve their mission. As such, this role requires active customer engagement and alignment in order to produce effective solutions. This may include building automation via a GitHub Apps or Actions, creating pipelines for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, or even helping to automate the provisioning of infrastructure using IaaS tools such as Puppet, Chef, or CloudFormation. The challenges for each customer will differ, offering endless opportunities to grow.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in software development or in a DevOps role
- Minimum 5 years designing, implementing, and maintaining complex cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Git version control system and the GitHub Platform
- Hands-on experience with Azure
- Familiarity interacting with APIs, software development, and testing
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Physically located on the East coast or Central time zone and able to travel to different customer sites as needed
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $276,900
In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual's base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
GitHub is the world’s leading AI-powered developer platform with 100 million developers and counting. We’re also home to the biggest open source community on earth (and 99% of the world’s software has open source code in its DNA). Many of the apps and programs you use every day are built on GitHub.
Our teams are dreamers, doers, and pioneers, leading the way in AI, driving humanitarian efforts around the globe, and even sending open source to Mars (and beyond!).
At GitHub, our goal is to create the space you need to do your best work. We’re remote-first and offer competitive pay, generous learning and growth opportunities, and excellent benefits to support you, wherever you are—because we know that people flourish when they can work on their own terms.
Join us, and let’s change the world, together.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.