Senior Smart Contract Engineer
At Eco, our mission is to put people’s money back to work for them — letting them see more upside from their money than they do today. Our vision challenges what people expect from money itself.
We’ve created the Eco App, a digital wallet that replaces traditional banking services with a single, simple balance, offering users better earnings, better rewards, and more features that put their financial lives on autopilot. Even better, we reward every transaction with Eco Points, the world's first open rewards currency, which will fundamentally upgrade traditional money and reimagine how currency flows through the world.
Although it may not seem like it on the surface, Eco is a crypto-enabled company. Eco was a major contributor to the launch of the Eco Currency (the end game for Eco Points) and now focuses on supporting its community and building future products and upgrades for the protocol. We continue to build one of the most selective teams in crypto, chasing one of its most ambitious visions.
Eco is on a mission to make your money work better for you. If you’re motivated by working on complex and important challenges that matter to everyone and want to be part of a world-class team, we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Smart Contract Engineer at Eco, you will:
- Contribute to making the Eco Currency system one of the most influential codebases in crypto/DeFi
- Influence system architecture and design decisions
- Implement and review complex system upgrades to be adopted via system governance
- Contribute to R&D for future upgrades, and implement early PoCs to further this R&D
- Design and implement peripheral contracts and systems for making Eco governance simpler and more secure to participate in, and for making monetary policy more effective
We’re looking for you if:
- Your belief in the power of crypto is unwavering
- You have undeniable technical skill, curiosity and intellectual horsepower
- You prefer to work in a team, and care deeply about team performance
- You have 3+ years of Ethereum/Solidity development experience, having implemented smart contracts/protocols and deployed them into production
- You have deep awareness and knowledge of Ethereum/rollup development frameworks and patterns
- Discipline, integrity and work ethic are three of your core values
- Strong open-source contribution history/profile
- Experience with any of: Golang, Rust, JS/TypeScript
- Experience with CI setup and deployment pipelines/testing
Benefits of working at Eco:
- Fully remote organization that allows you to work anywhere in the US or Canada
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work culture
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Work-from-home stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and annual learning & development allowance
- Annual company retreats and regular co-working opportunities in different cities throughout the US
- Fully offset carbon footprint provided through our partnership with Klima Infinity (Eco as a company is carbon neutral!)
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.