Protocol Engineer (Aqua)
Protocol Engineer (Aqua)
The Fluence stack simplifies distributed protocol development: instead of re-deploying new features on every node, Aqua scripts are used to declare business logic for remote peers, seamlessly update and re-compose the network behaviour.
We are looking for an engineer to build distributed (sub)protocols using the Aqua language and complementary technologies, such as a simple subset of Rust to run Wasm modules on Marine, or TypeScript for the basic client-side development. We plan to implement Kademlia, RAFT, and similar algorithms to run on the Fluence network and to be delivered as composable Aqua libraries for the benefit of the Fluence developers community.
- 5+ years in a software engineer role
- strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- ability to work in polyglot environments
- experience in building and deploying complex distributed systems, e.g., using a cloud stack
- hands-on experience with distributed consensus protocols, Byzantine fault tolerance (BFT), blockchain consensus (PoS/PoW/etc)
- basic understanding of cryptographic algorithms
- hands-on experience with cryptographic primitives, public key infrastructure, data and privacy protection techniques
- an interest in decentralized technology and Web 3
Nice to have:
- experience with Kademlia, RAFT, Quazar, or other major distributed algorithms
- background in cryptography, networking, or academia
- proficiency with Rust and Typescript
About Fluence Labs
At Fluence Labs, we are working on new decentralized network protocols to make the internet more open and secure. We believe that open source and open protocols enable better technology for the future of humanity.
Fluence Labs is a distributed team of engineers residing across the US, Asia, and Europe. Our culture is remote-first, self-managed, and we value transparent decision making and an open source ethos.
Our primary project is Fluence, a decentralized serverless platform & computing marketplace powered by blockchain economics. Fluence is a global, permissionless, scalable, and secure alternative to centralized cloud computing platforms. Using Fluence, developers build and deploy applications to a network of compute providers, who compete on price and performance and, to be paid and earn rewards, they constantly prove that they are serving applications.
We are looking for new great additions to the Fluence Labs core team. We would like to speak to people who are interested in decentralized technology, empathetic, humble, passionate about their work, and strive for excellence. We expect that candidates are experts in their field, keep up to date with recent developments, and are excellent communicators, both in oral and written form.
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Remote-first, work from home or use a co-working space of your choice
- Friendly startup environment: no bureaucracy or time tracking
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive