Tech Director Web3
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud is a B2B cloud platform with a focus on becoming the #1 cloud platform in Europe and beyond. It was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have previously built a billion-euro tech company.
Currently, our offering includes cloud object storage similar to AWS S3, and our market success is already being proven by highly promising growth based on our channel-based GTM strategy. While we build a comprehensive suite of cloud products, we are redefining the cloud sector by bridging the gap between decentralized infrastructure (DePIN) and mainstream B2B cloud use cases.
Become part of something bigger: We’re committed to reinventing the internet and push technological innovation and business determination to the next level.
We are seeking an experienced Web3 Protocol and Technology Lead who will design the technical architecture of our Web3 development and contribute hands-on to its technical development. This role will primarily focus on designing, developing, and implementing the technical architecture of a future token system. This will include blockchain elements (e.g., smart contracts, oracles), as well as the interaction with cloud components. You will work closely with our team of tokenomics designers, engineers and business development as well as with our external partners and stakeholders. While remote work is available, we strongly encourage regular on-site collaboration with our exceptional team at our Hamburg headquarters.
What you will do
- Protocol design: Define and implement the technical protocols governing the behavior of the token system. This includes defining smart contract logic, designing secure means (e.g., by relying on trusted execution environment solutions) to collect cloud usage data and setting up oracle services as well as the broader logic enforced by the blockchain.
- Tokenomics: Liaise with the tokenomics team to fine-tune the technical architecture and describe it robustly and thoroughly so that it can be included in the token whitepaper.
- Blockchain and smart contracts: Design and architect the underlying blockchain-based technical infrastructure, including the development of secure and efficient smart contracts e.g., using the language Solidity.
- Security assurance: Lead and collaborate with external agencies for security audits and implement best practices to ensure the robustness and security of the smart contracts and the overall blockchain system.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have
- Designed, documented and deployed web3 protocols - ideally in the DePIN space
- Led or contributed to the design of smart contracts - e.g., using Solidity
- Proven experience as engineering lead - including in the web3 space
- Built strong awareness of smart contract bugs and consensus mechanism flaws
- Outstanding achievements in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or related fields
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary coupled with direct engagement in your success through an enticing ESOP and token participation program.
- Ideal company stage with established initial revenue and a distinctive edge in the web3 industry.
- Collaboration with experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues, leveraging cutting-edge technology.
- Fantastic office situated in a trendy location with access to complimentary healthy brain food and a subsidized premium gym membership.
- Monthly collaborative meet-up weeks featuring team events.
We are committed to success. We embrace individuals from all backgrounds who share the goal of building a future European cloud champion. We place great importance on in-person collaboration and open communication, and we value working together regularly at our Hamburg headquarters. If you are an innovative thinker with a passion for driving success in decentralised technology and the cloud industry, we invite you to apply.
Join a workplace that values your well-being, fosters a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere, and play a key role in shaping the future of the Cloud.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
We encourage you to kickstart your application by submitting your comprehensive LinkedIn profile or CV along with the designated application form.
Kickoff Call for Selected Candidates
Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a Kickoff call, where we aim to explore your qualifications, experiences, and expectations.
Efficient Interview Process
Our commitment is to complete the hiring process in 2 to 4 additional remote and/or on-site steps, according to the specific role and its seniority level.
We believe in moving swiftly to welcome exceptional talent into our dynamic workplace.