Tech Lead Web3 Engineering
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud is a B2B cloud platform with a focus on becoming the #1 cloud platform in Europe and beyond. It was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have previously built a billion-euro tech company.
Currently, our offering includes cloud object storage similar to AWS S3, and our market success is already being proven by highly promising growth based on our channel-based GTM strategy. While we build a comprehensive suite of cloud products, we are redefining the cloud sector by bridging the gap between decentralized infrastructure (DePIN) and mainstream B2B cloud use cases.
Become part of something bigger: We’re committed to reinventing the internet and push technological innovation and business determination to the next level.
As Web3 Lead m/w/d for Impossible Cloud, you will lead the research, design, and implementation of our web3 infrastructure: a decentralized network of nodes for cloud storage and computing. And develop scalable, performant, and resilient software. You will lead the technical development of our web3 layer 1 and layer 2 protocols.
What you will do
- Actively contribute to researching and defining our decentralized cloud solutions and web3 infrastructure, and validate them across all stakeholders
- Design and Implement performant and resilient distributed systems
- Lead, with a hands-on approach, the running, scaling, and maintaining of production software
- Build powerful teams across all areas of web3 development and decentralized storage technology by driving hiring, cross-functional education & mentoring
- Oversee the deliverables under your remit and ensure execution according to the vision defined with the leadership
- Work closely with the leadership team to align vision, design, and implementation
- Partner with our Product Leadership to define the technical roadmap of our cloud product infrastructure
- Actively engage and educate the community, including presenting our technology to external events
You could be a great fit for this role if you have
- Outstanding academic achievements in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or related fields
- A solid understanding of distributed systems principles and applications
- Deep conceptual understanding of blockchain technologies & their related ecosystems
- Significant experience in technical design and implementation of web3 & peer-to-peer decentralized technology, including building protocol layer 1
- Excellent ability building applications in Go and/or Rust
- Consolidated experience in designing, building, and maintaining production software at scale
- Strong experience leading projects independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in hiring, developing, and leading a winning team, enabling a collaborative environment and continuous learning
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, contributors, and users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ph.D. in a related field
- Experience in cryptography / tokenomics / smart contracts / consensus protocols
- Previous experience in decentralized storage or cloud domain
- Experience leading, contributing to, reviewing, and moderating open-source projects
- Wide professional network in the web3 spaces
What we offer
- Competitive salary coupled with direct engagement in your success through an enticing ESOP and token participation program.
- Ideal company stage with established initial revenue and a distinctive edge in the web3 industry.
- Collaboration with experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues, leveraging cutting-edge technology.
- Fantastic office situated in a trendy location with access to complimentary healthy brain food and a subsidized premium gym membership.
- Monthly collaborative meet-up weeks featuring team events.
We are committed to success. We embrace individuals from all backgrounds who share the goal of building a future European cloud champion. We place great importance on in-person collaboration and open communication, and we value working together regularly at our Hamburg headquarters. If you are an innovative thinker with a passion for driving success in decentralised technology and the cloud industry, we invite you to apply.
Join a workplace that values your well-being, fosters a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere, and play a key role in shaping the future of the Cloud.
The recruiting process
We encourage you to kickstart your application by submitting your comprehensive LinkedIn profile or CV along with the designated application form.
Kickoff Call for Selected Candidates
Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a Kickoff call, where we aim to explore your qualifications, experiences, and expectations.
Efficient Interview Process
Our commitment to expediency is reflected in our fast and lean remote and on-site interview process, tailor-made for the specific nuances of each role and its corresponding seniority level.
Welcome to the Impossible Cloud Team
Within a matter of days, you could find yourself becoming an integral part of the Impossible Cloud team! We believe in moving swiftly to welcome exceptional talent into our dynamic workplace.