Economist / Tokenomics Expert
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud is a B2B cloud platform with a focus on becoming the #1 cloud platform in Europe and beyond. It was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have previously built a billion-euro tech company.
Currently, our offering includes cloud object storage similar to AWS S3, and our market success is already being proven by highly promising growth based on our channel-based GTM strategy. While we build a comprehensive suite of cloud products, we are redefining the cloud sector by bridging the gap between decentralized infrastructure (DePIN) and mainstream B2B cloud use cases.
Become part of something bigger: We’re committed to reinventing the internet and push technological innovation and business determination to the next level.
WHO YOU ARE
We are seeking an economist or tokenomics expert who will build the foundation for the economic model powering an Impossible Cloud token. This role will primarily focus on defining the incentivization system, the supply model, the mechanisms to balance demand/supply, a dynamic unlocking scheme, and the economic model between the (initially) fiat-based cloud business structure and the token. You will contribute to the token whitepaper, as well as the strategy to progressively extend the use of the token to currently fiat-based ecosystem services. You will work closely with our team of designers, marketers and developers, as well as our external partners and stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Tokenomics design: Develop and design the tokenomics model for the new token, considering factors such as distribution, utility, staking mechanisms, and incentives. Ensure that tokenomics and the implications are aligned with our business model.
- Economic modeling: Create economic models to simulate and analyze the potential impact of the tokenomics model on the ecosystem, user behavior, and overall business performance. Test these models using mathematical and statistical tools.
- Market research: Conduct comprehensive market research to identify trends, competitor token models, and industry best practices to inform the design of the tokenomics. Derive flaws and optimize these to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Educate internal and external stakeholders on the drivers of the tokenomics model. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business development, product, marketing and legal, to develop optimal token results.
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IN THE PAST
- Master's degree in economics or related from a prestigious university - ideally PhD.
- Proven ability to both abstract economic concepts and translate them into practical models.
- Proven ability to simulate economic models, using mathematical and statistical tools and methods.
- Proven ability to describe economic models in academic-grade writing.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Impossible Cloud and the potential impact of decentralizing cloud services.
- [Bonus] Knowledge of the main token and DeFi economic models.
What we offer
- Competitive salary coupled with direct engagement in your success through an enticing ESOP and token participation program.
- Ideal company stage with established initial revenue and a distinctive edge in the web3 industry.
- Collaboration with experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues, leveraging cutting-edge technology.
- Fantastic office situated in a trendy location with access to complimentary healthy brain food and a subsidized premium gym membership.
- Monthly collaborative meet-up weeks featuring team events.
We are committed to success. We embrace individuals from all backgrounds who share the goal of building a future European cloud champion. We place great importance on in-person collaboration and open communication, and we value working together regularly at our Hamburg headquarters. If you are an innovative thinker with a passion for driving success in decentralised technology and the cloud industry, we invite you to apply.
Join a workplace that values your well-being, fosters a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere, and play a key role in shaping the future of the Cloud.
The recruiting process
We encourage you to kickstart your application by submitting your comprehensive LinkedIn profile or CV along with the designated application form.
Kickoff Call for Selected Candidates
Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a Kickoff call, where we aim to explore your qualifications, experiences, and expectations.
Efficient Interview Process
Our commitment to expediency is reflected in our fast and lean remote and on-site interview process, tailor-made for the specific nuances of each role and its corresponding seniority level.
Welcome to the Impossible Cloud Team
Within a matter of days, you could find yourself becoming an integral part of the Impossible Cloud team! We believe in moving swiftly to welcome exceptional talent into our dynamic workplace.