Developer Experience Engineer
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2022
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
As a Developer Experience Engineer, you will play a critical role in building tools for web3 developers to deploy dApps on our network.
We're looking for engineers who love to deliver value through new tools and building cool stuff. You must be deeply technical, deeply curious, and willing to dive straight into code. Not everything will be perfectly explained or documented, but code is the source of truth and that’s where we spend our day-to-day.
What You'll Be Doing
- Full end-to-end ownership of plans and processes to improve developers’ experience
- Building, supporting, and scaling developer tools
- Unblocking developers facing technical questions and issues
- Pushing out content targeted towards platform developers, including release notes, platform design, issues, and upgrades
- Engaging our developer community on GitHub, Discord, and X
- Improving and maintaining documentation so it’s accessible to developers at all levels
- Cooperating with marketing and business development leads to improving developer-facing product positioning and communications
What We Look For in You
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer or engineer
- Proven experience in ownership of development projects where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes
- First principles approach to software development
- A strong vision for where the industry is going, and staying on top of new technologies and stacks
- Passionate and familiar with dApp developers, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology
- Experience with popular web3 libraries (ex: Foundry, Viem, Hardhat, etc.) is a plus
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects is a plus
- Crypto experience, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s is a plus
- Excellent communication skills as a strong technical writer is a plus
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.