Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We're looking for a Blockchain Engineer to help grow our ecosystem of third-party developers, projects, and companies that leverage zkSync stack for their businesses. This role plays a key part in our business development strategy and will own the decision of the best approach to tackle our top partners’ needs, including developing proofs of concept.
If you are passionate about building innovative and scalable web3 applications, and have experience in designing world-class systems, we would love to hear from you!
This position is fully remote.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be a goal-oriented developer, diving deeply into our codebase in order to solve problems spanning from our L1 contracts to our zkp-friendly VM to our core node
- Conduct independent research in your area of ownership, design, implement and document solutions
- Combine great engineering skills with great communication skills in order to onboard the biggest companies in the web3 and web2 worlds to utilize the ZK Stack and deploy Hyperchains
- Develop a strong understanding of the value proposition zkSync can bring to the world derived by a true mastery of the technology
- Work with DeFi Blue Chips to help them deploy on zkSync Era
What We Look For in You
- 3+ years in backend software development and a deep understanding of software engineering best-practices and architectures.
- Experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects.
- Passion for our mission to advance personal freedom for all.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams.
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects.
- Excellent understanding of Ethereum. Low level understanding of the EVM is a big plus as well as experience with Ethereum development (Hardhat, Foundry, Ethers, Web3, Solidity).
- Thriving solo thinking through complex problems just as much as jumping into meetings with the business team and partners to discuss projects and initiatives in different stages of maturity.
- Security-minded and always checking for potential security threats
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.