Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Full-Time | Remote | Mid - Senior
Treasure is building one of the leading community-driven ecosystems for indie games. We are creating a cohesive and interconnected platform that (i) brings games and players together through fun-first gaming experiences (via first- and third-party games) and (ii) offers publishing capabilities, infrastructure, and tooling to accelerate game developers and studios creating the future of gaming. We've created a vibrant and intimate community of game builders, creators, and players that are all united around a common purpose – connect through the magic of play!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Front-End Developer to join the product and engineering team at Treasure. As a Front-End Developer, you'll contribute to building the face of our products to be adored and enjoyed by our incredible community of players and game developers, while using the latest modern technologies for front-end development. You'll create modern web applications with a focus on accessibility, responsiveness, speed, and ease-of-use. You'll tackle complex technical problems across our Trove marketplace (the "Steam" of Treasure), MagicSwap (an automated market maker built for blockchain gaming), player and game developer products that enable richer, interconnected and immersive game experiences. If you're someone who is excited by an opportunity and challenge like this, please apply!
If you're passionate about building web applications that solve critical user problems or love to collaborate with peers to build delightful products, you'll fit right in. Joining us at Treasure means being a part of a team that is obsessed with innovating and building products that will reshape the way we think about gaming.
Bonus points if you've worked in gaming and are a gamer yourself!
- Lead and take ownership of the front-end stack and build user-facing experiences;
- Implement robust front-end code modelled over mockups from Treasure's product design team via React, Typescript, and GraphQL;
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers within the Treasure ecosystem.
- Collaborate on our roadmap to help shape the direction of our inclusive metaverse.
- 4+ years of professional front-end experience building production-level web applications from design systems (we use Figma);
- Passionate about modern and intuitive front-end experiences on any device;
- Writes organized and clean code that is conducive to collaboration;
- Experience with modern React, Typescript, and frameworks like Next.js and Remix (understands modern SSR concepts);
- Understanding of CSS fundamentals (flexbox, CSS specificities and selectors) and experience working with frameworks like Tailwind CSS;
- Experience with CSS animations - e.g. keyframe animations;
- Experiencing working with web3 libraries (wagmi, ethers.js) and GraphQL; and
- Possesses great communication skills for varying levels of technically proficient audiences.
Nice to Have
- Solid product/UI design skills and great intuition to create user experiences that delight users.
- Strong understanding of web3 concepts such as cryptographic hashing / signing and account authentication;
- Knowledge of software development best practices for the full software development life cycle, including source control management, code reviews, testing, and operations;
- Autonomously deliver a product from scope requirements to implementation;
- Experience building complex web applications to production environments used by customers; and
- CSS animations experience - e.g. animating UI components (state transitions), SVGs for animations, and working knowledge with lottie.js, After Effects, or other web animation libraries like Framer Motion, D3.js, Three.js, etc.
As mentioned, the above is just a list. We want to assess ALL of you, including who you are and the potential of who you can be. If you have some or all of what we're seeking, please apply!
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people and thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fuelling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
Treasure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Treasure is building a leading community-driven ecosystem for indie games. Treasure brings games and players together through shared, connected experiences (via first and third-party games) and builds infrastructure and tooling that enables more immersive experiences for players and accelerates game developers. We've created a vibrant and intimate community of game builders, creators, and players united around a common purpose – connect through the magic of play!
Since launching in 2021, Treasure has:
- cultivated a vibrant ecosystem of 15+ indie games built by seasoned game studios and developers, including incredible games like The Beacon, Zeeverse, Knights of the Ether, Bitmates, Kuroro Beasts, and BattleFly;
- brought together an engaged and passionate player community reaching over 150k people;
- written over US$267M in marketplace volume across each of its games;
- launched two sets of successful first-party IP (Bridgeworld and Smolverse); and
- become the #1 gaming ecosystem built atop Arbitrum, an Ethereum Layer 2, where Treasure accounts for 95% of gaming-related activity.
To learn more, visit our website at treasure.lol.
See more open positions at Treasure
Something looks off?