Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Full-Time | Remote | Junior - Mid
Treasure is building one of the leading community-driven ecosystems for indie games. We are creating a cohesive and interconnected platform that (i) brings games and players together through fun-first gaming experiences (via first- and third-party games) and (ii) offers publishing capabilities, infrastructure, and tooling to accelerate game developers and studios creating the future of gaming. We've created a vibrant and intimate community of game builders, creators, and players that are all united around a common purpose – connect through the magic of play!
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and well-rounded Marketing Specialist to join the marketing team at Treasure. They will be responsible for developing and executing our brand, product, and social media marketing strategy for Treasure to bring us and our games to the masses. The goal? Attracting new game studios, new players, and other partners to Treasure while supporting in community development and growth efforts for the entire ecosystem. The Marketing Specialist will also manage Treasure's core social media accounts and will work closely with our Head of Marketing and other members of leadership on GTM, marketing operations, partner and channel marketing, and both remote and IRL events.
As part of a small (but mighty) team, the ideal candidate to come in as Marketing Specialist is someone who enjoys wearing a lot of hats and who wants to be across the marketing function in terms of both breadth and depth. As we pioneer an evolution of game publishing and forge the future of community-driven gaming, there may be unknowns and ambiguity along the way. If you're someone who is excited by an opportunity and challenge like this, please apply!
Bonus points if you've worked in gaming and are a gamer yourself!
Responsibilities - Social Media & Content Marketing
- Handle our social media presence including Treasure’s Twitter, LinkedIn, and Telegram channel accounts and ensuring high levels of traffic and customer engagement;
- Maintain a consistent and holistic brand image, voice and tone across social media channels.
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences;
- Actively communicate with our audience, responding to queries in a timely manner and monitoring brand image across socials;
- Remain up-to-date with the latest and greatest on all things gaming, social media, and web3; and
- Monitor, report on, and garner insights on key marketing, acquisition, and engagement metrics.
Responsibilities - Brand & Marketing Ops
- Work closely with Treasure’s Head of Marketing to provide marketing input on matters relating to product/feature releases, community development, and partnerships;
- Build a strong understanding of Treasure’s target audience and needs;
- Develop and execute upon Treasure's content calendar; and
- Support on a variety of operational initiatives including but not limited to community-led events, and partner marketing initiatives via Trove, the "Steam" of the Treasure ecosystem.
- 2 years minimum of work experience in marketing or social media in gaming, web3, or B2C settings;
- Clear, concise and creative writing and storytelling skills - i.e. “I can tell a story in 10,000 words, tweet in 280 characters, and write compelling copy for ads in 10 words.”;
- Fluency with core social media platforms (Twitter/LinkedIn/Telegram/Discord) and accompanying tools (Typefully) with an understanding of the latest social media trends and strategies; and
- Ability to use analytics tools that track success of campaigns and efforts and make recommendations based on quantitative analysis.
Nice to Have
- Located in North America in Eastern Standard Time (EST) or close timezones (CST or PST);
- Experience with producing and editing video content for YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram;
- Knowledge of or experience within the Treasure ecosystem;
- Experience working with a distributed and global team; and
- Background in gaming, web3, cryptocurrencies, and NFTs.
As mentioned, the above is just a list. We want to assess ALL of you, including who you are and the potential of who you can be. If you have some or all of what we're seeking, please apply!
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people and thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fuelling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
Treasure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Treasure is building a leading community-driven ecosystem for indie games. Treasure brings games and players together through shared, connected experiences (via first and third-party games) and builds infrastructure and tooling that enables more immersive experiences for players and accelerates game developers. We've created a vibrant and intimate community of game builders, creators, and players united around a common purpose – connect through the magic of play!
Since launching in 2021, Treasure has:
- cultivated a vibrant ecosystem of 15+ indie games built by seasoned game studios and developers, including incredible games like The Beacon, Zeeverse, Knights of the Ether, Bitmates, Kuroro Beasts, and BattleFly;
- brought together an engaged and passionate player community reaching over 150k people;
- written over US$267M in marketplace volume across each of its games;
- launched two sets of successful first-party IP (Bridgeworld and Smolverse); and
- become the #1 gaming ecosystem built atop Arbitrum, an Ethereum Layer 2, where Treasure accounts for 95% of gaming-related activity.
To learn more, visit our website at treasure.lol.
See more open positions at Treasure
Something looks off?