Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Hey there, we are Treasure! Treasure is one of the leading game publishers pioneering a new era of decentralized gaming. We are building an interconnected network of games that brings players and games together through the magic of play — all on the blockchain.
Founded in 2021, Treasure has quickly grown to become a top decentralized gaming ecosystem that is home to over 15+ indie games built by seasoned game teams, including The Beacon, Mighty Action Heroes, Zeeverse, Kaiju Cards, and more. We also have our own in-house game studio working on developing its first flagship title based on the original Treasure IP!
We are the real deal in decentralized gaming and have over 300,000 community members playing our games today. All projects on Treasure are linked–narratively and economically–through our network. Our community supports the entire game ecosystem to grow new projects and continue supporting more mature ones.
To build the best games community in the world for both players and developers.
We strive to fulfill our mission through the launch of amazing games on top of the Treasure platform which supports the growth of developers and the communities that play their games and bring their hearts to support the development process.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Treasure is the decentralized game publisher building the world’s game console. We bring together shared game experiences, a highly engaged community of players and builders, and purpose-built infrastructure (game discovery, marketplace, AMM, and game dev tooling) to offer an interconnected and interoperable platform united through gameplay, stories, and economies. Treasure is the leading gaming ecosystem on Arbitrum and is home to over 15+ games after launching in September 2021.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Front-End Engineer to join the product and engineering team at Treasure. As a Front-End Engineer, you'll contribute to building the face of our products to be adored and enjoyed by our incredible community of players and game developers, while using the latest modern technologies for front-end development. You'll create modern web applications with a focus on accessibility, responsiveness, speed, and ease-of-use. You'll tackle complex technical problems across our Trove marketplace (the "Steam" of Treasure), MagicSwap (an automated market maker built for blockchain gaming), player and game developer products that enable richer, interconnected and immersive game experiences. If you're someone who is excited by an opportunity and challenge like this, please apply!
If you're passionate about building web applications that solve critical user problems or love to collaborate with peers to build delightful products, you'll fit right in. Joining us at Treasure means being a part of a team that is obsessed with innovating and building products that will reshape the way we think about gaming.
Bonus points if you've worked in gaming and are a gamer yourself!
- Lead and take ownership of the front-end stack and build user-facing experiences;
- Implement robust front-end code modelled over mockups from Treasure's product design team via React, Typescript, and GraphQL;
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers within the Treasure ecosystem.
- Collaborate on our roadmap to help shape the direction of our inclusive metaverse.
- 4+ years of professional front-end experience building production-level web applications from design systems (we use Figma);
- Passionate about modern and intuitive front-end experiences on any device;
- Writes organized and clean code that is conducive to collaboration;
- Experience with modern React, Typescript, and frameworks like Next.js and Remix (understands modern SSR concepts);
- Understanding of CSS fundamentals (flexbox, CSS specificities and selectors) and experience working with frameworks like Tailwind CSS;
- Experience with CSS animations - e.g. keyframe animations;
- Experiencing working with web3 libraries (wagmi, ethers.js) and GraphQL; and
- Possesses great communication skills for varying levels of technically proficient audiences.
Nice to Have
- Solid product/UI design skills and great intuition to create user experiences that delight users.
- Strong understanding of web3 concepts such as cryptographic hashing / signing and account authentication;
- Knowledge of software development best practices for the full software development life cycle, including source control management, code reviews, testing, and operations;
- Autonomously deliver a product from scope requirements to implementation;
- Experience building complex web applications to production environments used by customers; and
- CSS animations experience - e.g. animating UI components (state transitions), SVGs for animations, and working knowledge with lottie.js, After Effects, or other web animation libraries like Framer Motion, D3.js, Three.js, etc.
As mentioned, the above is just a list. We want to assess ALL of you, including who you are and the potential of who you can be. If you have some or all of what we're seeking, please apply!
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people and thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fuelling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
Treasure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Competitive Compensation Plan
Flexible Work Hours; team members are committed to building and delivering tremendous results, not watching the clock
Modern tools and processes, and co-workers who are on the cutting edge of innovation in product development
An Amazing Team :)
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people & thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fueling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
This studio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.