Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Hey there, we are Treasure! Treasure is one of the leading game publishers pioneering a new era of decentralized gaming. We are building an interconnected network of games that brings players and games together through the magic of play — all on the blockchain.
Founded in 2021, Treasure has quickly grown to become a top decentralized gaming ecosystem that is home to over 15+ indie games built by seasoned game teams, including The Beacon, Mighty Action Heroes, Zeeverse, Kaiju Cards, and more. We also have our own in-house game studio working on developing its first flagship title based on the original Treasure IP!
We are the real deal in decentralized gaming and have over 300,000 community members playing our games today. All projects on Treasure are linked–narratively and economically–through our network. Our community supports the entire game ecosystem to grow new projects and continue supporting more mature ones.
To build the best games community in the world for both players and developers.
We strive to fulfill our mission through the launch of amazing games on top of the Treasure platform which supports the growth of developers and the communities that play their games and bring their hearts to support the development process.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Treasure is the decentralized game publisher building the world’s game console. We bring together shared game experiences, a highly engaged community of players and builders, and purpose-built infrastructure (game discovery, marketplace, AMM, and game dev tooling) to offer an interconnected and interoperable platform united through gameplay, stories, and economies. Treasure is the leading gaming ecosystem on Arbitrum and is home to over 15+ games after launching in September 2021.
We're looking for an experienced Solidity Developer to join the product and engineering team at Treasure. As a Solidity Developer, you'll contribute to building core on-chain products, libraries, games, and protocols relating to MAGIC, NFTs, and a deeply connected and interoperable ecosystem of games and infrastructure. All of this will sit at the intersection of web3 gaming, NFTs, decentralized finance, culture, and entertainment. You'll tackle complex and enriching technical challenges across Treasure and its different verticals, including: our platform and marketplace (think of it like the "Steam" of Treasure), Bridgeworld (gamified tokenomics fostering an intra-game metagame), Smol (fun and zany IP bringing together pioneering web3 mechanics with a game for the mass market currently in production), Magicswap (AMM built for blockchain gaming), and much more.
If you're someone who is excited by an opportunity like this, please apply! Bonus points if you love gaming.
- Design and develop smart contracts on Ethereum using Solidity (we're on Arbitrum!).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, analyze business needs, and translate them into smart contract specifications.
- Drive high-level decisions about the protocol design and smart contract architecture in close collaboration with other Solidity Developers, Product Managers, and the broader engineering team.
- Conduct code reviews and implement best practices to ensure the security, efficiency, and reliability of smart contracts, including occasionally working together with peer reviewers and/or audit firms.
- Develop and maintain testing frameworks and tools to ensure comprehensive unit testing, integration testing, and contract deployment automation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to smart contract development, deployment, and integration.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in smart contract technologies, industry trends, and best practices.
- Document code, specifications, and processes to maintain a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Collaborate with external partners, auditors, and security experts to conduct code audits and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- 1-2+ years minimum of professional smart contract development experience.
- Strong proficiency in blockchain technologies and smart contract development.
- Experience developing and deploying smart contracts on Ethereum or other blockchain platforms.
- Proficiency in Solidity with an in-depth understanding of blockchain concepts and decentralized applications (dapps).
- Familiarity with common blockchain development frameworks, tools, and libraries. Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies for smart contract development.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude towards learning new technologies and frameworks.
- A passion for games and game technology.
Nice to Have
- A background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Diamond pattern/upgradeable proxies, Tenderly/forking simulation troubleshooting, idempotent scripting, TypeScript, and Hardhat.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and test-driven development for smart contracts (Foundry Solidity testing and "fuzzing").
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience working in the gaming industry.
- Located in North America or have a timezone overlap of at least 4 hours;
- Prior knowledge of Treasure and its gaming ecosystem; and
- Experience working with a distributed and global team.
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people and thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fuelling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
Treasure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Treasure is building a leading community-driven ecosystem for indie games. Treasure brings games and players together through shared, connected experiences (via first and third-party games) and builds infrastructure and tooling that enables more immersive experiences for players and accelerates game developers. We've created a vibrant and intimate community of game builders, creators, and players united around a common purpose – connect through the magic of play!
Since launching in 2021, Treasure has:
- cultivated a vibrant ecosystem of 15+ indie games built by seasoned game studios and developers, including Mighty Action Heroes (Mighty Bear Games), The Beacon (Skillcap Studios), Zeeverse (Beetroot Labs), Knights of the Ether (Merlyn Labs), and Kuroro (Trudan Studios);
- brought together an engaged and passionate player community reaching over 150k people;
- achieved over US$267M in marketplace volume across each of its games;
- launched two sets of successful first-party IP (Bridgeworld and Smolverse); and
- become the #1 gaming ecosystem built atop Arbitrum, an Ethereum Layer 2, where Treasure accounts for 95% of gaming-related activity.
To learn more, visit our website at treasure.lol.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Competitive Compensation Plan
Flexible Work Hours; team members are committed to building and delivering tremendous results, not watching the clock
Modern tools and processes, and co-workers who are on the cutting edge of innovation in product development
An Amazing Team :)
At Treasure, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people & thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fueling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
This studio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.